Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tyson's 6th Birthday!



This year I told Tyson, "No Parties"! I try to do the every other year thing with my kids and their birthdays. We always celebrate- just not every year with friends. So some of Tyson's friends (and their moms- my friends) met us at McDonalds for lunch before kindergarten. Most of them brought him a present (which was so not necessary). Then he went to school and I brought in chocolate chip cookies for his class. When the kids got home from school we headed over to "Bounce" for a couple of hours and we let him open his presents from us there. Then we let him pick his birthday dinner - Red Robin. After that we headed home to eat cake and play with his presents. The next day was Saturday and we made him his favorite breakfast of ebelskivers and bacon. We were cleaning up when the doorbell rang- grandma and grandpa Crane had driven up from Burley to surprise us!!! So then he opened more presents and then went to yet another birthday lunch! Good thing we said "no parties"- we might have been exhausted from a weekend of partying!
We love Tyson and he is such a sweet addition to our family. He loves to share, play with babies, play Donkey Kong on wii, make up words, combine name calling with anything chicken, (your a chicken who wears makeup) etc... I can't believe he is already 6! Everytime you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up he says "I don't want to grow up- I want to stay home with mom". I couldn't agree more!!!!

3 comments:

  1. all these kids are growing up tooooo fast! next thing you know gavin and alexa are going to be in college! so glad you had a fun birthday. tysons hilarious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so grown up! What a weekend. These birthdays seem to drag on ni matter what we do. What a great birthday for him. I wish all kids wanted to stay home with mom forever:) We can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is Laura from Get Pretty! I got your comment and there is no need for you to pay me especially if you live out of town! I don't live in the Boise-area anymore but would love to help! Send me an email and I will try and help as much as I can---getprettywithlaura@gmail.com. Also, if you click on my 'makeup favorites' on the top of my blog there might be a few choices worth trying.

    ReplyDelete